There are three covered bridges in Kent County. Okay, two since White’s Bridge burnt and they won’t replace it until 2019, but hey, never let details get in the way. The others are Fallasburg and Ada. We leave from a location near I-96 and the East Beltline, weave our way to Fallasburg park and go over/ through the bridge. From there we drive on White’s Bridge road to recognize the fallen bridge as we head east and take scenic country roads down through Saranac. On the last leg we head into Ada where we will drive by the third covered bridge. In Ada, we will have dinner off the menu in a private room at Zeytin Turkish Restaurant’s new location. Zeytin restaurant describes itself as “Michigan’s only Turkish restaurant.” Please RSVP by September 17 – click here to email.
HOSTS: Frank and Raeni Conner
WHERE: East Beltline & I-96 to begin
WHEN: Saturday, September 22 – 3:00 PM for the drive / 5:00 PM for dinner
UP Michigan Drive
Let’s go for a Porsche drive in the UP! Departure on Wednesday October 3rd, a 2 night stay in scenic Marquette with local day trips on Thursday and a return home trip on Friday October 5th.
- October 3rd: Early departure from Traverse City with a meet-up/stop at St. Ignace. Scenic drive to Marquette, MI via Grand Marais with lunch stop in Munising. Check-in at the historic Landmark Inn (group rate of $169/night is available for up to 15 reserved rooms). Group dinner at a local restaurant
- October 4th: Tour the area…options include: Drive to scenic Copper Harbor, tour/hike/kayak Pictured Rocks National Park, drive to scenic Porcupine Mountain State Park or simply stroll around lovely Marquette. Appetizers in the Penthouse and then out for dinner at local restaurant.
- Friday October 5th: Head home!
Are you interested to participate? If so, please contact Pete Stott to arrange a room at the Landmark Inn and, subject to availability, we will reserve a room in your name at the Landmark Inn @ $169/night. Fifteen (15) rooms with king size beds have been reserved and you will be billed individually. Rooms are limited so please sign up early if you are interested. Contact: Pete Stott at email@example.com or (630) 842-8504.
Fall Color Vineyard Tour – 70 Years of Porsche
Join the WMR crew as we head north to the Leelanau Peninsula – Traverse City area for a celebration of 70 years of Porsche and a color / vineyard tour. It will be a wonderful day of fellowship and driving.
8:30 – 11:00 – Cars and Coffee at MFD Classic Motors, 1701 Park Drive, Traverse City
- Display of 70 years of Porsche automobiles
- Presentation by marque expert
11:00 – 12:30 – Lunch is on your own
- Suggestion is at the Hearth and Vine Cafe at Blackstar Winery, 10844 E. Revold Road, Suttons Bay
12:30 – 4:00 – Blackstar Winery – Suttons Bay
- Vineyard tour
- Fall color drive
4:00 – 6:00 – Reception at Red Ginger, 237 E. Front St., Traverse City
- Cash bar
- Taste of Red Ginger – $40 / person, plus tax and gratuity
HOST: Bill Brown
WHEN: Saturday, October 20 from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
WHERE: Beginning at MFD Classic Motors
RSVP: By October 10 to Bill Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616 617-7788.